Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removing 2007-10 Side trim

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by SForster26, Apr 13, 2010.

1. SForster26

SForster26 New Member

I was wondering if any one could tell me if the side trim on the lower doors of the new Chevy's is stuck on with a glue or clips? I would like to remove mine for a cleaner look possibly replace with a chrome strip on the very bottom. And also how to remove the tailgate emblem.

Thanks in advance sean
  2. bwoodmiles

bwoodmiles New Member

Side molding is held on by that tape stuff they use, the same as the emblem on the rear. best way to get it off is heat gun and goo off.
  3. SForster26

SForster26 New Member

Thanks i really appreciate the reply.
  4. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Take a look in the how-to sub-forum, there is a thread there on how to do this. It has photos too!
  5. Whiterado

Whiterado New Member

I just did this to my truck last week. Hell of a change. I tried the goo gone way but the best way I find is find someone you know that works at a body shop and try and get your hands on a rubber wheel. You attack it to any drill and let the wheel take the glue of. Took me 45 to remove all trims and badges. But when you do it, dont push of the wheel. Let the drill do its work and you be cleaned up in no time. :great:
  6. rhill20

rhill20 New Member

Bought the truck Thursday and debadged it Friday, lol.

I use a hairdryer and weedeater line. The rear emblem doesn't like to come off very easily...
  7. MPclk2006

MPclk2006 Rockstar

I dont think we are ever happy with what we have on our trucks....I dont have those trims on my truck and have debated whether I should add them, you have them and you want them off LOL...
  8. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Same here , Want side molding!