Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Removing body molding

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by denn454, Aug 16, 2010.

1. denn454

denn454 New Member

I've done a lot of searching for this, but haven't came up with any answers yet. I have an 07 1500, new body style and I'm thinking about removing the molding down the side. There is plenty of info on how to do this, but I would like to find pictures of a truck without the molding to see how it looks.

Anyone have any pictures of a new body style truck without the molding down the side?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club and there are many members on this site with the moldings removed, I'm sure when they see this post they will post there pictures.

3. SliverZ71

SliverZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I took the Silverado & Chevrolet of my tailgate with fishing line not a big deal. Now taking off the double back tape not so easy I used gasoline and a rag took some time but the tailgate looks great. I never even thought to take pictures, I would how ever like to remove my side molding and install GMC chrome side molding so if there is an easer way to remove the molding and double back tape I would like to know.

Steve

4. Z71silverado

Z71silverado New Member

I removed mine last weekend using fishing line a powerwasher and laquer thinner here is a pic of the finished product

Attached Files:

5. denn454

denn454 New Member

That does look pretty good. I took mine off along with the silverado badge and it doesn't look right. As much as I like a clean look, there needs to be something there since the doors are so large and flat.

6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

WOW! That looks really good.

7. denn454

denn454 New Member

Finaly got around to taking a picture. I didn't think to take one of the other side, which does not have the silverado badges. I think I'll be putting them back on soon. truck.jpg

8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

You are right about needing to leave the silverado lettering there.Your doors would look larger and bare without them.I do like it without the side mouldings,looks good!

9. Bama Z71

Bama Z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

No side moldings came on mine , but I want to add them....

10. ministock8

ministock8 New Member

if you wait a while they'll fall off on their own. mine are