Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Removing dash

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 87burban254, Oct 24, 2007.

1. 87burban254

87burban254 New Member

Hey guys I've got an '87 suburban that I need some new front and rear speakers put in and I'd like to try and do it myself. Do I need to remove the whole dash to put in the front speakers? How hard is it? Thanks in advance:great:

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Boy its been a long time since I repaired that model dash but yes you need to pull dash out. Remove all front bezels then there should be screws low on the dash pad, lift up on it and there is about 1/2 a dozen retainer clips at the back. Now grab dash pad firm pull up and towards you it will pop right out.

3. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare Rockstar 100 Posts

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sonic Electronix did me good when I bought my subwoofer amp. $250 for a Clif Designs 1000.1 amp. It's not a widely known brand, but they make rock solid amps that can give some of the best amps I've ever heard a run for their money. Plus, they look plain cool. :) If you don't go with Sonic Electronix, go for Crutchfield, they're always excellent for knowing whether something will fit or not...

1 person likes this.
  5. 87burban254

87burban254 New Member

I don't think I have the motivation it takes to do that lol...I'll probably end up paying someone to do it:money:

6. trenchwarfare

It only takes a few minutes to replace the speakers. Don't worry it's very easy. Very easy.

7. mcrich

mcrich Member

89 Burban

I am planning on doing the same thing in my burban I will keep you guys posted.

8. 87burban254

87burban254 New Member

Take some pictures if you can.:great:

9. trenchwarfare

What did you need pictures of?