1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removing door panel on 12 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nickels, Mar 8, 2012.

1. nickels

nickels New Member

Removed 3 bolts and seems something is still holding it. Are there more that I'm missing? Seems real tight up by the top right.
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If I remember correctly (it's been awhile since I've had them off), there should be two under the vertical handle (one on top, one on bottom), one under the horizontal handle (arm rest) and one under the handle that actually opens the door....at least that's how they were on my 2008, which should be the same as your 2012.

Which three have you removed already?

Also, when you mention "top right", are you referring to the driver's side door or the passenger door?
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  3. nickels

nickels New Member

Drivers side actualy have found 4 forgot about 1 when i poped out window control there was one there. Seems tight at top of vertical handle. Got one behind handle and 2 behind horizontal handle.Seems like theres one at top of vertical handle.
  4. mfleetwood

Yes..there is one at the top of the vertical handle on mine. Once I removed that curved flat piece that covers that area, it was easy to see. Have you taken off that piece?
    1 person likes this.
  5. nickels

nickels New Member

Thats what I needed to know thanks! Looks like the other one I took out didn't need to. How does the cable release?
  6. mfleetwood

I can't remember a cable on mine. If you are referring to the wiring, there should be a connector behind the plastic that leads to both the mirror and windows/locks. If it's a cable, hopefully someone else can answer that one for you soon.
  7. GM Tech

GM Tech New Member

Alot of it will depend on which style door panel came with your pickup too
  8. mfleetwood

Ok...I actually had to take my door panel off again yesterday and now remember that there are two bolts below the armrest...and the cable goes to the door handle/lever used to open the door; however, I did not need to fully remove the door panel. I took a look at it and it looked to be too much work for the time that I had left to finish up.

Did you ever get it figured out?
  9. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

There are 2 bolts under the verticle handle, 2 bolts behind the horizontal handle and 1 bolt behide the unlocking handle. There is also a cable attached to the unlocking handle that is a BIG pain in the butt to get off.
  10. mfleetwood

It definitely looked like it, thus I decided to leave it alone until something forces me to take it off.