1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

removing fender flairs

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by truckguy, Dec 20, 2008.

1. truckguy

truckguy New Member

Hi,
    I have a 2006 chevrolet Silverado crew cab.
    I got the truck from auto trader seller. It has fender flairs on it and I want to remove them.

Two questions : How do I remove them if possible and what tools will be needed? difficulty scale 1-10 ten being to much for a do it your selfer.
    If they can be removed will the truck look like other trucks from factory that didnot have the flairs?

Any and all replies will be appreciated very much.

Truckguy

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Never put any on, so I can't help you there, but I would think that if they aren't drilled on, there will be some paint differences. Think cars that have had bras on the front.

3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Someone did this a couple of weeks back. Do a search for it and it will pop up. Also it is addressed in this months issue of 8 lug magazine. It looks like it was pretty easy to do.

4. Foglio1121

Foglio1121 New Member

i havent done it, but i imagine that if it is glued, u will have paint peel, and if it is drilled ud have the holes. also u would have a color difference, because of the wear and tear and the sun being on the rest of the truck

5. truckguy

truckguy New Member

removing fender flares

Hey guys thanks for the replies. hopefully someone has removed theirs and they will let me know what all they had to do.

truckguy

6. walleye101

walleye101 Member

i installed them before. you can remove them quite easily, all you have to do is remove the 7 push pins on the inside of the fender and they should come off pretty easy. they also have 3m 1/4 2 sided tape that helps hold them on to the outside of the fender. are your flares oem? and are they smooth or testured flares? do you want to sell them? let me know. thanks

7. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

You are most welcome.........

Jeff

8. truckguy

truckguy New Member

Hey Walleye101,
    thanks for the help. I am new to this site so can you tell me how to get to the photo album of your truck. After I get these things off I will post a reply and hopefully try to get some pictures of the flares and let you see them and make me an offer.

thanks,

truckguy.

9. walleye101

walleye101 Member

you click on my name then, you click on my public profile and in the right hand corner toy will see my album. click on it and go through the pics. Darryl

10. truckguy

truckguy New Member

removing fender flares.

Jmoney,
    I saw your pictures of the white suburban? and it had the flares? Looking at it, it no way one could know there were flares on it. After seeing that I am going to remove mine this weekend when the weather is a bit warmer. Thanks for the help from you and Walleye.

truckguy.