1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removing front Bowtie from 08 Silverado..

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Darknesss23, Jun 16, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 New Member 100 Posts

does someone know of this write up? can someone who has done it do a write up? I tried to take it off lastnight but i didn't want to break it or anything surrounding it... Thanks in advance...
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

check behind the grill, i know mine came off with 2 nuts
  3. Darknesss23

I did... didn't feel any kind of hardware back there
  4. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm not sure who i just told it to but I'll tell you what I did before I took mine off, I grabbed the digital camera and snapped a few pictures, with my hand reached in behind the grill. It was a little blurry but I was able to see what held it in place back there.

Maybe that would work for you as well?

If you are wanting to paint it and don't want to take it off then the automotive tape will be your friend! Just tape around the bowtie, add the paper and cover for the hood for good measure. Then do the prep and paint.

That help at all?
  5. Darknesss23

I think it was me you told and I'm pretty sure i got to see how its "attached" with a nice bright LED flashlight and i saw a bunch of tabs and "guides" i just don't know which way the tabs are pushed (in or out) to get it off the grill...
  6. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sometimes you just have to break the first one...

:)

j/k!

Good luck with getting it off
  7. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

They squeeze togather and then they pop out. That is how mine worked. IF you dont want to break it take it to a auto body shop and have them get it out. It wont cost that much for them to do it. Then you can take it home and paint it.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I realize that I don't have the NNBS, but all I ever did to get the bowtie out was take the whole grille off. I couldn't see paying someone to do that, I wish you lived closer because I would do it for a fee of course. :glasses:
  9. Darknesss23

I know i can take the whole grill off... I'm just leaving that as a last option...
  10. Darknesss23

Finally got it off.... tried painting it... this "chrome" spray paint... doesn't really come out as chrome... :-( wtf..