1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removing Paint Swirls

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Als09Sierra, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Now that the weather is starting to get a little warmer, I'm starting to focus on cleaning my truck. I noticed that I have some swirls in the clear coat and wonder what others have used to remove these marks. There are a ton of products available out there, but I'd like to hear what others have used that have worked.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Al I've have been Using Adams Products on Truck.....Below is their Swirl Remover,

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SKU:FLXORG

Price: $12.95
    Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad

• Developed Specifically for the Flex XC3401 Polisher
    • Safe for All Single Stage and Clear Coat Paint
    • Remove Swirl & Haze to Reveal that Show Car Shine
    Our latest break-through in polishing is our Adam’s Flex Polishing System, the first pad and polish system in the industry developed specifically for the Flex XC3401VRG Polisher. The Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad is your second step - pair it up with our Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish after correcting more severe damage with the Adam's Flex Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad and Adam’s Severe Swirl Remover Polish. This mild Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish helps clean up the finish after heavy corrections and prepares the paint for final polishing.
    The closed cell foam of the Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad offers moderate and safe, polishing on clear coat or single stage paint jobs. We've added a more durable backing material to help cope with more aggressive polishing, and a new beveled pad design ensures that the backing plate never comes in contact with your finish.
    Our Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad and Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish are a part of the Adam's Flex Polishing System you'll need to get a flawless finish. Follow with our Adam's Flex Fine Machine Car Polishing Pad and Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish to reach paint perfection.
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I use Turtle Wax Al. It has a little bit of coarse compound in it that seems to take out the minor scratches & imperfections. It's a lot less time consuming than going the whole rubbing compound route, & then having to re-wax it. The omni directional buffer keeps from putting the swirl marks & scratches back in.
  4. Als09Sierra

Mike: Thanks. I'm not a big fan of the polishers, but I might make an exception for this. Do you use other Adam's products? I may purchase a kit.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Thanks stephan. Is that regular TW wax?
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yep a GTG at Al's this Spring.... Looks like a 2 day event....
  6. Als09Sierra

2 days, I better stock the fridge. :)
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How close is the nearest Hooters? Do they deliver?
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

AL.....for a Polisher I use a Porter Cable 7424 Polisher and use the following Adam Products,

[​IMG] [​IMG] Gently massage swirl marks, oxidation, fine blemishes and hazy paint back to gleaming perfection with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish. It's your dual-action car polisher's new best friend!

[​IMG]
    Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish Price: $24.95
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Unleash your car's shine potential and take your paint to a whole new level of gloss and clarity with Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish.

[​IMG] Adam's Buttery Wax Price: $19.95
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Waxing your car should be a joy, not a chore. Enjoy waxing your car again with Adam's Buttery Wax. Buttery smooth application and a high gloss Carnauba car wax shine!
  9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not maintainance, moved to appearance and aftermarket
  10. Als09Sierra

Thanks Mike that helps. I'll check out Adam's kits and figure out what I need. I like cleaning the truck because it looks good when clean. I just wish I had more time for it.