Removing Paint Swirls

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Als09Sierra, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Now that the weather is starting to get a little warmer, I'm starting to focus on cleaning my truck. I noticed that I have some swirls in the clear coat and wonder what others have used to remove these marks. There are a ton of products available out there, but I'd like to hear what others have used that have worked.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Al I've have been Using Adams Products on Truck.....Below is their Swirl Remover,

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SKU:FLXORG

Price: $12.95
    Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad

• Developed Specifically for the Flex XC3401 Polisher
    • Safe for All Single Stage and Clear Coat Paint
    • Remove Swirl & Haze to Reveal that Show Car Shine
    Our latest break-through in polishing is our Adam’s Flex Polishing System, the first pad and polish system in the industry developed specifically for the Flex XC3401VRG Polisher. The Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad is your second step - pair it up with our Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish after correcting more severe damage with the Adam's Flex Severe Swirl Remover Polishing Pad and Adam’s Severe Swirl Remover Polish. This mild Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish helps clean up the finish after heavy corrections and prepares the paint for final polishing.
    The closed cell foam of the Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad offers moderate and safe, polishing on clear coat or single stage paint jobs. We've added a more durable backing material to help cope with more aggressive polishing, and a new beveled pad design ensures that the backing plate never comes in contact with your finish.
    Our Adam's Flex Swirl & Haze Remover Polishing Pad and Adam’s Swirl & Haze Remover Polish are a part of the Adam's Flex Polishing System you'll need to get a flawless finish. Follow with our Adam's Flex Fine Machine Car Polishing Pad and Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish to reach paint perfection.

3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I use Turtle Wax Al. It has a little bit of coarse compound in it that seems to take out the minor scratches & imperfections. It's a lot less time consuming than going the whole rubbing compound route, & then having to re-wax it. The omni directional buffer keeps from putting the swirl marks & scratches back in.

4. Als09Sierra

Mike: Thanks. I'm not a big fan of the polishers, but I might make an exception for this. Do you use other Adam's products? I may purchase a kit.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Thanks stephan. Is that regular TW wax?

5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yep a GTG at Al's this Spring.... Looks like a 2 day event....

6. Als09Sierra

2 days, I better stock the fridge. :)

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

How close is the nearest Hooters? Do they deliver?

8. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

AL.....for a Polisher I use a Porter Cable 7424 Polisher and use the following Adam Products,

[​IMG] [​IMG] Gently massage swirl marks, oxidation, fine blemishes and hazy paint back to gleaming perfection with Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Car Polish. It's your dual-action car polisher's new best friend!

[​IMG]
    Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish Price: $24.95
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Unleash your car's shine potential and take your paint to a whole new level of gloss and clarity with Adam's Fine Machine Car Polish.

[​IMG] Adam's Buttery Wax Price: $19.95
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Waxing your car should be a joy, not a chore. Enjoy waxing your car again with Adam's Buttery Wax. Buttery smooth application and a high gloss Carnauba car wax shine!

9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Not maintainance, moved to appearance and aftermarket

10. Als09Sierra

Thanks Mike that helps. I'll check out Adam's kits and figure out what I need. I like cleaning the truck because it looks good when clean. I just wish I had more time for it.