1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removing pet hair from cloth interior

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by NCN8ive, Sep 11, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. NCN8ive

NCN8ive Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone here have an effective and relatively simple method to remove pet hair from the cloth interior? I've tried sticky tape lint rollers and a Dyson vacuum cleaner, but some of the hair seems to be firmly embedded into the cloth and doesn't want to come out.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You'll probably need to use a brush of some kind...
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

That's a tough one. I would say, start with a high powered shop vac with one of the circle brush attachments so the bristles grab the fur as you go over the seats. Then what ever is left might need to be pulled out by hand.

This is part of the reason I like leather, basically keep the claws trimmed and there are no holes in the leather and no issues getting fur out.
  4. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

You might need to shampoo them.
  5. 1993gmc

1993gmc New Member

Maybe duct tape.
  6. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I am a Dalmatian guy. They molt (not shed) year round. And they ride in my truck. Even when they are in a kennel in the back seat they still manage to put hair in the carpet. I took out my OEM cloth seats and have leather Recaros in now, so no issues with the seats. But the carpet was a real bitch to clean.

Basically, I never got all the hair out. Sorry to give you the reality of the situation, but if you have pet hair in the cloth or carpet, some is not coming out unless you get in there with tweezers and take it out one shaft at a time. And trust me, I have used everything out there, even duct tape. Have used carpet shampooers, and industrial vacuums, and no luck.

I now have new carpet in my truck, and no dogs (at the moment anyway).
  7. Wayne58

Wayne58 New Member

I cured my PET hair and lint problem by installing Leather Seat covers >>> Not inexpensive or simple cure however !!!
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

A good shop vac works well for me.
  9. Mook@Adams

Mook@Adams New Member

10. 87silver

87silver Member 1 Year

Exactly what I use on my HHR SS' black interior. I take a piece about 8-10", then wrap it around my 4 fingers with the adhesive side out. Works great.