1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Removing pet hair from cloth interior

Discussion in 'Detailing & Truck Care' started by NCN8ive, Sep 11, 2012.

1. here is how my wife and sometimes I do it. use a rubber glove, slightly dampen it and rub over the seat covers and it rolls up! Believe it or not it gets a lot of of our Retrievers fur then when we vacuum and it is less time vacuuming. Some times i use my bare hand slightly damp for a quick clean up.
    Don't laugh... it works! On longer fur anyway!
  2. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

The cloth that GM uses for Silverado seats is definitely a lint and pet hair magnet. My 2008 was a PITA to keep the black cloth seats looking clean.

I have found that a good vacuuming followed up by a good lint rolling gives the best results.
  3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

Get something that looks just like this with stiff brissles
    hygiene-hand-brush-blue-detail-580x435.gif
    lucky our trucks sit up ON the frame so there is no annoying "hump" to get over as you work the fur towards the doors lol
    but yeah, long brissles are the way to go... just ask the german sheppard...
    he says yes
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

This is why before my dogs get in the truck a sheet is placed on the floor and a seat protector (canvas cover) is put on the back seat. Doesn't keep it all from getting on the carpet but does stop most of it. And for what does get on the carpet I just vac up with the shop vac. The Lab gets all kinds of hyper about getting in the truck. My Jack Russel Terror could really care less.
  5. Tachyon

Tachyon Member

http://youtu.be/VAQjF5RPgbg

Seriously. The sell them everywhere cheap. Give it a shot. One of these, a bucket of warm water and a roll of paper towels.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Umm, this thread is 9 months old. It hadn't seen any activity in the last 5 months ... until @K15 Blazer Guy responded to it as if it were current/recent. Did we really need to resurrect a thread that had been dormant for 5 months?

And while I'm here ... umm ... we drive TRUCKS. Put the dang pets in the bed of the truck instead of in the cab and you don't have a problem to begin with. Duh!
  7. Tachyon

Tachyon Member

Well, the post was in the today's active posts list so.....

Anyway, for those of us that aren't Michael Vick, our pets often ride inside the vehicle. Particularly those of us with SUV's.
  8. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Yeah, pets in the bed is a no-go for me.

I use a 5.5HP shop vac to get out the pet hair. Works great.
  9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

If Michael Vick had merely put pets in the bed for transport he'd not have done any jail time, a there's nothing cruel about it, it's done all the time, and is especially common among hunters during transport. The implication that it's cruel by comparing to Michael Vick is a ridiculous and gross mischaracterization.

The point of what I suggested was simple -- the problem this thread tries to address can be completely avoided by truck owners. SUV owners can also put pet carriers in the vehicle so the pet remains in that, rather than making furry contact with vehicle's interior, directly. Again, problem completely avoided.

Perhaps I just expect more discipline out of pets than most. Maybe people's pets, today, are being treated a lot like people's kids are today -- not disciplined in a firm, respectful, loving manner intended for the good of the pet and/or pet/owner relationship? After all, they don't need to be shedding on anything of the owner's if the owner doesn't want them to -- that's a matter of proper discipline and handling.

Alox made the same point -- put something between the interior and the pet. I simply extended that to include placement of the outside of the vehicle between the interior of the vehicle and the pet ... and it's a common practice.
  10. Tachyon

Tachyon Member

The OP asked a simple question. Most people tried to supply a helpful answer that fit his situation.
    He did not ask for opinions on the way he handles or transports his pets. That's his business.