Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Rental car warning

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by tbplus10, Sep 1, 2009.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Heres a tip for anyone renting a car in Nv., Ca., Wa., or Az.
    We recently rented (through Expedia) a car From FOX Car Rental.
    I'm not a picky person and usually let things go figuring the offender will get thiers on the other end some day, but this company deserves a big shout out and all the negative publicity they can get for their non-existant customer service, and filthy rental cars.

I was traveling with two disabled persons (mother in-law arthritic knees, and wifes aunt 80% blind).
    When I booked the car I explained this, they never told us they were located 8 miles from the airport and it would take 2 different shuttles to get to them.
    I left the party at the airport due to this and went by myself to retrieve the rental, no problem.
    An hour and a half later upon arriving at the rental car site I had to endure a 40 minute argument between a customer and the rental car staff about the cleanliness of a rental car she was picking up, initially I thought the customer was being a B%&#!, but have since revised my thinking.
    My turn to finally get a car, they hand me the keys to a new Dodge Charger, well maybe not as new as I first thought from 60' away. The odometer reads 59,876 miles and the interior looks worse than any car I've ever bought at the auto auction, top it off with a long list of scratch's and bumps on the body, well I'm only renting it not buying and the ladies are still waiting (paitiently I might add for over 2 hours) at the airport so off I go to get them to the hotel.
    Within 5 mins of getting in the car I know theirs a problem, I cant stop sneezing and theres a strong odor of dirt in the car (most of you know I'm an avid off-roader and ride a motorcycle every day here in Texas so a little dirt doesnt bother me), so bad I'm opening the windows and turning off the A/C in 106 deg. Las Vegas weather.
    I bring the ladies to the hotel and while their settling in I attempt to call FOX rentals customer service line, and 55 mins later finally reach a young lady that immediately routes me to a person she calls the Las Vegas on-site manager, Eric. Eric hears my story and questions why I didnt say something to the rental advisors when I picked up the car. I explain I had a couple old ladies already wilting in the Vegas heat and I had already endured a previous cusomers rant at the rental site for 40 minutes and wasnt in the mood to argue with anyone as I have a tendency to get a little out of hand in arguments and I'm trying to stay calm at this time. Eric, unfortunately decides to attempt to give me attitude, and after I determine that
    1. He does work for FOX rental car in Las Vegas
    2. He will be at the site all day
    3. If I bring the car back he'll clean or exchange it for "No extra charge"
    And
    4. The chances of getting my prepaid rental fee's back are right next to 0
    I head back down to the FOX lot to correct the problem and have a little discussion with Eric.
    Upon arrival I ask for "Eric" but no one seems to know who I'm talking about and theres no manager on-site today.
    So I again explain my problem because a whole different crew is working now.
    The first rental agent does a terrific job of making me more pissed than I was when finally a different agent steps in and asks me to walk out with him and look over the cars on the lot to find something suitable.
    I quickly find everything they have is high mileage, worn out, and filthy. Finally settling on a Dodge Charger with only 42XXX miles thats a little less bumped on the outside, doesnt smell as bad inside, and has slightly cleaner interior. I then spent the next hour directing the agency's 2 car cleaners on the best way to clean returning rental cars until they got out the majority of the filth and stains and made the vehicle somewhat presentable.
    Again I would urge you not to use FOX Car rental even if you have to pay more it would be money well spent.

2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

That sucks. Thanks for the heads up on a crappy business!! I travel for work and if you don't know the area your in then you need a little heads up on the businesses lurking in the shadows.

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sucks big time. I traveled for 8 years and drove thousands of miles in rental cars. I always used Budget, Dollar and Alamo.

Beware of the other cheap companies!!

If you get into a fender bender with Enterprise and did not buy the full coverage they will charge you a daily rental fee while the car is in the shop getting fixed! So you are at the mercy of the body shop paying a daily rate while they wait for parts to fix the car!!!

4. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks like the cars flooded out by Katrina are finally showing up in the public.

There outta be a law... :gasp:

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for sharing! I hate dealing with "Customer Service" when they don't know the meaning of the term.

6. CoolBlueSS

CoolBlueSS Rockstar

That's good to know. I was not aware of that.

I've used Enterprise and Hertz before. No problems so far.

7. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow! Sounds like you got a huge dose of Customer No Service.
    Sorry to hear you had such a rough time. Appreciate the heads up on Fox.

When in a strange town, I prefer a car with a GPS navigation, so I usually choose Hertz, Avis, etc.

I'm like you, I vote with my wallet. Fool me once shame on you....Twice shame on me!