1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Repair Manual

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Restlessone, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Restlessone

Restlessone Member

Can someone tell me what is the best repair manual to buy for my 07 Silverado. I've had Chilton's in the past and found them to be a little vague.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

www.helmsinc.com

I have a set of Helm's manuals for my 2001 S-10, and my 2005 Silverado and I would never go back to anything else. They will run you between $100-$135 for a 3 to 5 book set but they are worth it, they have very extensive electrical schematics also. My favorite thing is the tool look up, if you get to a spot that requires a specialty tool they give you the part number and everything! I just did that with my S-10 actually, I went to dealer and bought the compression checker with all of the adapters from that part number they supplied in the book.
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2 on the Helm's factory manuals. You can watch Ebay but you probably won't find any deals with this new of a truck.
  4. Restlessone

Restlessone Member

Thanks Guys
  5. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

That link above should be helminc.com, not helmsinc.com. Also you can order factory repair manual sets from a GM dealer.

Basically you get what you pay for. And in reality, $135 for a 4 or 5 technical information book set totaling over 6000 pages of information is a pretty good price.

Go to a college bookstore and see what the prices are for just 1 book lately!

FYI most manufacturers of products which can be repaired sell "factory service manuals". These have the complete instructions on how to repair things right. (To factory specifications.) Few people know about these, mostly repair people. But the general public can buy these from the manufacturer or distributor of the product.

I have factory service manuals for my sony stereo, a Briggs & Stratton small engine factory service manual, home security system programming manual, Stihl chainsaw factory service manual, and of course factory service manuals for my car and truck. Also they have these for refrigerators, furnaces (and installation manual), dishwashers, etc. Needless to say, I fix most of my stuff myself.