1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replace Radiator

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by croach1776, Oct 23, 2011.

1. croach1776

croach1776 New Member

Looks like I will need to replace radiator in 96 Silverado with 5.7 Vortec. Any suggestions/recommendations on brand and appropriate costs. I aint looking for a performance brand just one that if well cared for i.e. yearly flushes, correct coolant,etc will last a few years. Thaniks
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

I would go with the Murray brand from oreileys, they are cheap but well constructed and fit very well. They also have a lifetime warranty.
    Also you say correct coolant. I wouldnt keep the dex cool in there, i would flush it out and go with the universal green coolant. The main reason is Dexcool is known to cause alot of other issues.
  3. croach1776

croach1776 New Member

Schedule with friend to replace radiator. He got one for 120 bucks plus 120 labor and 50 to Flush. One more problem solved.Thanks for advice
  4. croach1776

croach1776 New Member

Cooling system has been flushed, radiator replaced and pressure tested. Next up either front end or shocks.