1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replace standard side-view Mirrors with Signal version

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chevinator, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Chevinator

Chevinator New Member

I got standard Silverado Side-View Mirrors (powered) and was wondering if it is possible to upgrade to the Side-View mirrors with signal integrated type?

Having a long truck most drivers often do not see me signal and jump into lane before I can :p
  2. John W

John W Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a PDF file for this but can't seem to upload it her because the file is too big. If you want me to email the file to you email me at ( jwmartell@stpeterscable.com )

John W
  3. Chevinator

Chevinator New Member

Thanks buddy! Forgot to mention that this is for a NB 2007 Silverado.
  4. SPD2008

SPD2008 New Member

Does the PDF file you have pertain to the 2007-2009 pickups? If so, would you mind if I email you for a copy as well?
  5. gandulf2003

gandulf2003 New Member

hello

john can you email me with the PDF file on ((m-alshalaan@hotmail.com)) plz
  6. SPD2008

SPD2008 New Member

I'll send you an email for the PDF. Thanks.
  7. Blazerado

Blazerado Rockstar 100 Posts

Does anyone know if this can be done to a 03-06? thanks in advance.
  8. dlewis1111

dlewis1111 New Member

There are replacement mirrors all over Ebay right now. Any of the NBS mirrors will fit, but the ones that fold and have the turn signal and puddle lamp have a different harness. The mirrors heat, and turn signal will work, but you have to change out the switch and get it programmed for the puddle lamp and power fold to work. Having said that, http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=1588+9972+4294963695&Nr=AND(part:Mirror,brand:Kool%20Vue)&Ns=price8|0 has replacement mirrors for 105 each that use the same harness as the standard mirrors. If you use Ebay, you want the DL3 coded mirrors.

A side note: I thought I would be slick and get escalade mirrors. They fit, but the lower trim is different and leaves a gap between the lower window molding and the mirror because the escalade molding is bigger.
  9. John W

John W Rockstar 100 Posts

The PDF file is for 2000 to 2006. If anyone wants it I'll email it.
  10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I swapped out mine. I put on the GM telescoping mirrors with the turn signal. It was plug and play.