Newest Gallery Photos

  1. Chevy Truck Forum

    Welcome To!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

    Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free

    Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Replace torque converter clutch solenoid

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by RAIDER450, Feb 27, 2010.

  1. RAIDER450

    RAIDER450 New Member

    ok! Need to replace torque converter clutch solenoid code (po741).I need to know if I need to drop trans or if I have access bye dropping trans pan.(2004 chevy truck 4l80e trans)
  2. Jimmiee

    Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    Welcome aboard! P0741 is not a circuit code so changing the solenoid will not fix your problem. This code is a slip code. Your PCM is seeing a torque converter slip. You may have a converter problem or it could be a worn valve body or a false signal from the input speed sensor etc.
    Anyway if you want to change the solenoid pull the pan and the solenoid is right there waiting to be changed. It's an easy job to change it. Let us know how that works out for you. :)
  3. RAIDER450

    RAIDER450 New Member

    ok! thanks for tour time,transmission was rebuilt, replace tcc solenoid did not fix problem ,once again thanks !

Share This Page