1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Replaced door & tailgate handles with chrome....

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by onelove, Oct 25, 2008.

1. onelove

onelove Rockstar

I was pretty proud of myself today. I replaced all four door handles & the tailgate one as well. It took me forever.....4.5 hours! I'm glad I saved the driver door for last because it was such a challenge for me as I could not get the door panel off. Finally with a little elbow grease it came off & I figured out the lock as well.

I still have to do the fuel door & rocker panels. I ordered the rocker panels but the ones I received were really narrow & I want the wide style. They'll be here next week.

What do you think?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good job! They look great!

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks good! i will eventualy get some for mine

4. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

looks awesome, one question tho, does yours passenger side front door handle have a key hole? i noticed my buddies chrome ones he put in on his truck didnt have one and i always thought that would drive me nuts, altho is you have keyless entry it wouldnt matter much

5. onelove

onelove Rockstar

Thanks guys!

Sheep, yes I bought the ones with the keyhole in the drivers side. I figured if I broke or lost my keyless entry....I could still get in my truck.:happy:

6. CamoRig

CamoRig Member

How hard was it really?

They look great!! I have plans for my door handles, but have been hesitant since door panels have always been my downfall.

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very nice! Someday i want to do all of mine since mine just have the chrome over-lays that were installed at the dealer when I bought it new. I did buy the GM billet chrome fuel door as the cheaper aftermarket fuel doors do not fit properly because they are flat and the contour of the side of the truck is slightly curved. What rocker panels are you refering to? Like the polished over-lays down the side of the truck?

8. onelove

onelove Rockstar

Oh, I didn't know about the fuel doors not fitting properly.....crap. That's what I ordered.

yeah, the rocker panels down the side of the truck. The ones the came first were really thin & didn't fit the truck right. I just want the wider style & I don't want to have to cut them to fit.

I want these ones.....[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  9. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks for the picture!
    As far as the fuel door, you can find many aftermaket billet fuel doors for less than $50, and i paid over $100 for my GM Billet fuel door but it fits properly so check yours out for fit before installing it.

[​IMG]

10. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Not only do you drive a truck but you do your own work! I couldn't me more proud of you. you bring tears to my eyes. why can't more women be as awsome as you?