1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replaced driver side mirror, compass not working

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by NeilE, Sep 25, 2013.

1. NeilE

NeilE New Member

image.jpg My 03 Suburban is equipped with auto-dimming and heated side mirrors with built in turn signals. I purchased a replacement mirror glass that is heated with turn signal, but is not auto-dimming. I installed the replacement mirror and now the compass and temp display in the rear view mirror (also auto-dimming) don't work. The replacement mirror had only 2 wires to power the heated mirror, but included an adapter cable to be used on trucks that have the auto dimming feature. Trouble is, only 2 of the 4 sockets in the plug from the truck connect to anything. If I jump the other 2 wires in the connector, will I get the compass etc working or will I make matters worse?

In the attached photo, the plug is visible from the damaged mirror I removed. You can see 4 pins in the plug. The replacement mirror has the same plug, but only 2 pins.

Thanks

Neil

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013