Replaced motor mounts and still no fix!

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by maurice7677, Oct 29, 2012.

1. maurice7677

maurice7677 New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a 2000 Express cargo van, 2500 series with a 5.7 in it. I replaced both motor mounts after it started giving all the signs of failure (low clunking noise when stopped in gear). After I drove it with the new mounts, it ran silent for the first 5 minutes and then the familiar noise started to come back slowly :grrrrrr:. Now it runs silent the first 5 minutes everytime I drive it and the noise seems to be coming from the left side. My question now is how likely is it that the new one failed so quickly and does anyone have any advice. Honestly, I am absolutely terrified to get under it while its in gear with my wife holding the brake so any suggestions besides that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Maurice.

2. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

If there are hydraulic, there is a good chance all the fluid squirted out, but you would have seen that on the ground most likely.

have you checked your u-joints?

Brew

3. maurice7677

maurice7677 New Member

Thanks for your advice. I did get under there and while I was looking at the u-joints I found the exhaust pipe was vibrating on a lower support bracket way back there. Its amazing how the noise and vibration appeared to be coming from the engine itself.

Maurice.

4. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

Good, i am glad you found it.

Brew