Replacing a bad TCC solenoid

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Ethan, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 94 chevy with the 4L60E transmission and a 350. I've ruled my problems with slipping and lack of power and long shifts under load to the TCC. My question is, how hard is it to replace these things? Could I do it in a few hours with access to a professional shop?

2. jackmup

jackmup New Member

Easy, Drop the pan and it's right there.

I would drop the pan and let it sit awhile so the fluid doesn't drip all over you while you work.

Few hours? on a lift it would take a few minutes to do with a new filter and fluid figure 30-45 minutes.

3. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Oh sweet, thanks man, glad to know I don't have to pull the transmission out. I saw the exploded diagram for the 4L60E and it showed the 2 different TCC solenoids behind the toqure converter. Should I replace both, or which one should I replace?

4. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

Just do both while you're under there. It'll save some extra trouble down the road.

5. Ethan

Ethan Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks man. Do you know a good place or a good reliable brand to buy? I don't want to stick some cheap pos Chinese made junk in there just to have to replace it a few years down the road, I'm willing to shell out a few $$$ to get some good parts.

6. dualdj1

dualdj1 Rockstar 100 Posts

Get the ones from GM, or go to Napa.