1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing a Turn Signal Lever?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by trenchwarfare, Nov 22, 2008.

1. trenchwarfare

trenchwarfare Rockstar 100 Posts

MY turn signal lever on my 1990 Suburban is completely shot now. At first it wouldn't work on the lower speeds and now it barely ever works. The cruise has never worked either. Has anybody ever replaced one? Do I need to pull the steering wheel?
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have not had to attack that problem, but I'm sure that someone on the site will have some words of wisdom. If the "cruise" hasn't worked, it may be in the wiring in the column. Good luck!
  3. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62391&postcount=6

This procedure has a little more to it than just getting to the turn signal stalk. However, you have to get to the turn signal to get to my issue. Stopping at step 6 should get you to where you want to be. With the steering wheel puller and lock plate puller it wasn't too bad. Good Luck.
  4. Howie

Howie Rockstar

I just did mine recently. There is a rebuild kit for the hazard switch if anyone busted thiers..

The hardest part for me was disconecting the harness under the dash. Not user freindly, and the cost for an OEM one is over $400... Right out to lunch.
  5. retired

retired Rockstar 100 Posts

Have your local garage replace it. Buy the time you rent the tools and figure out how to do it you will be better off paying someome.
  6. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Retired is Right! Sometimes it's worth the price, a man has to know his limitations and when to allow others who know how do it. This way you also can Cus them out and get it fixed again if they make the mistake, it does have it's benefits.

Jeff