Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Replacing ac evaporator core

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by rondo, Mar 23, 2010.

1. rondo

rondo New Member

I have a k1500 '99 suburban. rear air and heat. I have had the truck to the dealer 2 times. The ac unit will not work. They charged the system the first time and it only lasted 2 days. The second time they said they put something in with the 134A that they used a sniffer to tell where the leak was at, not a dye. Anway the are not sure but think the leak must be in the evaporator core. They wanted $1100.00 to replace it. Well I do a fair amount of work on vehicles and I figure I can do the job. I am planning to replace the heater core at same time. I have been told you have to remove the whole dash to do the job and it takes about 8 hours. Anybody know of a quicker/ easier way to handle this problem? Is it really that bad of a job? Any things I should be aware of before I start?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010