1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing Blazer top side windows

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by jchughes05, Jun 17, 2011.

1. jchughes05

jchughes05 New Member

When I bought my BLazer, it had the single windows installed in the cap/top. The seller included the sliding glass ones and I would like to know how easy they are to install? Is it a one-day project? Also, how do I install them?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What year Blazer? Fullsize or S-10?
  3. jchughes05

jchughes05 New Member

Sorry, full-size K5 (1986).
  4. jchughes05

jchughes05 New Member

Anyone have any idea? Something about a butter knife?
  5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

As I recall, you use something similar to 1/4" clothesline. Wrap it around the seal and cross it at the bottom. As you pull the cord out, a buddy pushes the glass and seal into place over the lip.

I've seen it done, I may of even helped once, but I would advise you to take it to a shop. This is one of those things that falls into the "Hey, you guys are insured, right?" catagory. You already have the glass and seals, so maybe labor won't be too much.

Good luck,
  6. chestateeridge

chestateeridge New Member

Give us a pic