Replacing cab corners

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by pikefisher, Sep 26, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. pikefisher

pikefisher New Member

Sorry I don't know who answered my question on rust repair (bad rust on corner)but thanks! I replaced the corner, and I wonder is their a way to close in the seem between the corner and the cab other than a welder? What I want to do is prolong the inevitable I,m not expecting a body shop finish, and was going to put rhino liner over the work when corner is finished. Was wondering if fiberglass or something then a little filer.
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

How did you attach the cab corner pieces to the body? I take it you didnt weld them on

If you used rivets or even panel bond, you could seal the seams with a short strand fiberglass....It works like bondo, but is much stronger.
  3. pikefisher

pikefisher New Member

Thanks poncho 62 yes I did use panel bond and a few rivets to hold it till the panel bond sets ,do I ask for short strand fiberglass?
  4. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

with rust repairs the use of the fiberglass bondo is a solid repair. will not crack. then smooth over the top and cover with a very thin regular bondo. I also like to use countersink type rivets as they do not stick up.