1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing cab corners

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by pikefisher, Sep 26, 2013.

1. pikefisher

pikefisher Member

Sorry I don't know who answered my question on rust repair (bad rust on corner)but thanks! I replaced the corner, and I wonder is their a way to close in the seem between the corner and the cab other than a welder? What I want to do is prolong the inevitable I,m not expecting a body shop finish, and was going to put rhino liner over the work when corner is finished. Was wondering if fiberglass or something then a little filer.
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

How did you attach the cab corner pieces to the body? I take it you didnt weld them on

If you used rivets or even panel bond, you could seal the seams with a short strand fiberglass....It works like bondo, but is much stronger.
  3. pikefisher

pikefisher Member

Thanks poncho 62 yes I did use panel bond and a few rivets to hold it till the panel bond sets ,do I ask for short strand fiberglass?
  4. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

with rust repairs the use of the fiberglass bondo is a solid repair. will not crack. then smooth over the top and cover with a very thin regular bondo. I also like to use countersink type rivets as they do not stick up.