1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing DL8 mirrors with DL3 mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by captrcpjr, Jan 6, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. captrcpjr

captrcpjr New Member

I have a 2009 silverado LT and has DL8 mirrors and I would like to replace them with the DL3 mirrors with the puddle lamp and fold option. I've got the new mirrors and can already see I need the switch/control panel. Do I need to replace the passenger one also? I'm also guessing I'll need to have the computer re-flashed after replacing these 4 things so they will work. HELP captrcpjr@gmail.com
  2. luweee

luweee New Member

Sir I think we are trying to accomplish the same thing. I have DL8 in my 2005 silverado and want to put in with signals..Here is the Muth mirror systems instructions... it will have instructions for the signal.

http://www.muthco.com/techsupport/pdfs/21001330.pdf

now just have to find the power fold. I will keep looking.
    Question for ya.

on the DL3 is there spade connectors for the heat and the signal?
  3. captrcpjr

captrcpjr New Member

Well, all I can say is GOOD LUCK with all that crap. I mean that homemade rig up that website is recommending. I'd rather leave my mirrors alone then to put all that in my new truck. I just got a pair of DL3 mirrors for $325.00 off eBay and they are in PERFECT shape. Yes shipping included. I'm not going to change the switches on either door till I can find another good deal. I'll change the mirrors and the power mirrors will work and the puddle lamp and turn signal will also work, The only features that will remain out of operation is the fancy fold option that you must have the new switch for. I really don't care about the folding option at this time. Yes it would be cool, but I just like the turn signal and puddle lamp