Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Replacing Drvers window motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by BIGREDDADDY53, Apr 12, 2014.

1. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Rockstar 100 Posts

I am replacing the driver’s window motor and does anyoneknow what type of sealant to use to sealant to use to seal the plastic back up. Thanks, Eric Thomas

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've tried a couple of different things, but most of them don't seem to stick as well as the original. The best one I've used so far is some 3M (or any other brand will work just fine for this) trim tape that you can get at pretty much any auto parts store. It's basically a thin piece of foam with adhesive on both sides, and it is what car companies use to hold anything that sticks onto the vehicle, such as the trim pieces on the outside of your doors. It holds really well, and you don't have to wait for it to set.

3. BIGREDDADDY53

Thanks, I didn't think of that but I will give it a try, Thanks, Eric

4. BIGREDDADDY53

Well I put the regulator in and used 3M spray glue to putthe shield back, it worked ok. But I wanted to say that it's better to replace the whole unit that has the motor installed makes things so much easier. But Putting a new outside door handle, it wasn't easy to get at.
    Eric Thanks

Last edited: May 5, 2014