Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

replacing evaporator coil and heat core

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by greatdane, Apr 26, 2011.

1. greatdane

greatdane New Member

man this looks like a lot of fun here(just kidding). I got a 1998 silverado and I think I need to pull the dash. man why on gods earth did they build this truck this way to change a 50 dollar heater core. Dealer wants 600.00 for labor alone.Anyone already have to do this DYI and do you have any helpful hints
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yep already done it a bunch of times..
    You will just want to take your time, the dash actually comes off quite easily, just the bolts up by the windshield, and then the ones near the floor on the passenger foot wells.
    Once there your heater assembly is actually in open view. Just be careful, and be sure to have the battery disconnected. I took me less than 4 hours out and in with my dash.
  3. ScubaSteveo

ScubaSteveo New Member

I replaced my heater core without removing the dash. There are two screws at the back that are a pain, but it is able to be done. Took me about 45 minutes total. Not that hard.