1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing front AC blower motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by dkbtech, Jun 26, 2007.

1. dkbtech

dkbtech New Member

Hey everyone!

My front AC blower motor has gone out (at least that is what I've surmised at this point). How easy is this to switch out for someone that has done nothing more than the basics of auto maintenance?

Regards,

Barry
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

what year is your burb? on my 91 (which is an 80s bodystyle), the blower is very easy to get to from the passenger side engine compartment. One thing you have to watch out for is that there are different wiring configurations for the blower. There's one wire, 2 wire, and maybe even more. I have a 1-wire blower, and it costs 20 bucks for a new one, so it's no big deal...
  3. dkbtech

dkbtech New Member

Actually I found the blower, attached to the firewall on the passenger side right next to the coolant overflow tank . Thats what prompted me to think that it might be doable myself instead of having someone else take care of it.
  4. dkbtech

dkbtech New Member

Oh - and its a 93.
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts