1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing headlight bulbs in 08 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Matt228, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Matt228

Matt228 New Member

Is there a trick to this or do I need to remove the entire grill and headlight assemblies to replace the bulbs?

I some how managed to change out the drivers side bulb, but the passenger side is way too tight of a squeeze.

This is one of those things where it seems like there should be an easier way, I'm just not seeing it!
  2. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

It is infact the Rubix cube of truck parts... let me know how things turn out!
  3. Matt228

Matt228 New Member

I had a 99 Silverado and you didn't need a single tool....now it looks like you have to pull the grill, work under the fender wells, and possibly split an atom or two.
  4. Matt228

Matt228 New Member

Seriously though.....how do you change these things?! :neutral:
  5. Matt228

Matt228 New Member

6. E-Zo

E-Zo New Member

hey man i put hids on my truck, and i didnt have 2 take the headlight out..... i have a K/N air intake though
  7. Matt228

Matt228 New Member

Where did you get your HIDs?

Are you liking them? Much glare?