1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing instrument cluster lights and ac controls lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Nathan Kenney, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Nathan Kenney

Nathan Kenney New Member

I was wondering if someone can tell me how you get access to those bulbs
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

What year/ model truck? Typically what you do is remove the dash trim piece, undo the bolts holding the cluster in place, pry open the cluster and replace the bulbs.
  3. Maverick817

Maverick817 New Member

I need to replace several also. I have a 2004. Gauge cluster light is out. I have heard you have to solder the new ones in. Does anyone know what kind of bulb to replace them with?
  4. Nathan Kenney

Nathan Kenney New Member

Hello my silverado is a 2006
  5. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron New Member

Unless Chevrolet has made a big change since 99, all you need to do is remove the trim bezel around the cluster, the cluster is held in by 4 screws, remove them and you will be able to remove the cluster. The lamp socket twist out and the buls pull out of the socket. The only ones I have seen that need soldering are the ones in the radio. Take your time and you will do fine.
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts