1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Audio replacing speakers in 2000 yukon

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by dpeter, Nov 26, 2011.

1. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Looking to upgrade clapped out originals and would like some direction. Not looking to win contests and would like to stay with original head unit. This also has the factory sub woofer, does it have a seperate amp somewhere for this?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Alpine Type s, Focal Acces, Jl Tr's will all be fine.. You do have aa factory amp in the back by the Sub. Just do the Door speakers The rear roof 4x10's are NOT worth the upgrade You will never hear them....
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

x2 on the alpine type S's! very budget friendly and effective
  4. dpeter

Thanks all. I will look into the alpine S's. Budget freindly caught my attention.
  5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

is your 2000 the older yukon or the newer yukon? I just ask cuz I know that the first Tahoe Z71 was based on the old boxy bodystyles 95-99 and were 2000 MY. If you do have 4x10 way in the back, they are worth replacing, they are your ONLY rear speakers, the 2nd door speakers are wired into the front. Just put in a 5 1/4 (you can get even a 6 1/2 if you are really good installing). YES they will fit. just make a plate for it out of 1/4 formica or plywood. If you want a pic i can post one
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  6. dpeter

It is the new body style. I have only small tweeters in the rear pillars along with the factory sub behind the right rear wheel well and no 4x10s anywhere. The local Fry's electronic store had some good kickers for stupid low price and I replaced front and rear door speakers with those and it has made a great improvement. The original speakers had turned into something like dust and was surprised that they even worked.