1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing Stepper Motor(s)

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by stinger44, Jan 5, 2011.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

That's Great hear!!.....Your Speedometer being off, also may be due to a change in tire size....meaning if the Overall Diameter of your Tires Changed from the Overall Diameter of the Stock Tires that came with the Truck from the Factory.....that would cause your Speedometer to be off.
  2. stinger44

stinger44 New Member

I suppose that could be true. I bought the truck used and it had new tires on it. I don't think the tire size is different but who knows. Thanks again.
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The way to check to see if your Tires are Different from what they came with from the Factory......opening the driver door and there should be a White Sticker and on it will be......the Weight of the Truck...the Vin # Number and what Size Tires and Rims the truck had on it from the Factory.
  4. GNX-Fan

GNX-Fan New Member

***EDIT****
    Sorry, I thought the write-up was yours. Found the original write up over on Trailvoy. I'll PM the thread originator.
  5. stinger44

stinger44 New Member

Yeah, I'm aware of the sticker showing passenger tire size and inflation, etc. Current tires are the correct size. Like I said, not a biggie. It's only off by 1MPH or so.
  6. ndfangoirish

ndfangoirish New Member

Does anyone have information about replacing the backlight for the Gear Selector and also the guages?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Any information about replacing the back lighting in the instrument cluster? For the gauges as well the gear selector window.