1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing Suburban A/C

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by cao88c, Jan 23, 2008.

1. cao88c

cao88c Rockstar

Hey guys,

My wife's 1999 Suburban had the A/C go out. I really don't know much about A/C (its sad, I can take apart and put back together a Dana 60 blind-folded, but I cant work on A/C).

Anyways, I seem to have diagnosed that the compressor took a dump, and I was doing some research and found that I have to change out the dryer (silver cannister) and a valve by the condenser.

Is there a writeup, or a tutorial on how to do this? I've asked gearhead buddies of mine, but they don't know that much about A/C either (we're into jeeps and offroading -- no A/C required)

Like I said, I've never worked on A/C's, but I do have A LOT of tools since I mainly work on drivetrains.

Any and all help is appreciated. I'd hate to take it to a shop because I hate other people touching my vehicles when I'm not present.

Thanks
  2. cao88c

cao88c Rockstar

BTW : 1999 Suburban C-1500 5.7 litre engine with dual A/C
  3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I emailed you some information, contact me if you need some more.
    chevy parts