1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Replacing Vent Glass Seal

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by OLD BLUE, Dec 13, 2007.

1. OLD BLUE

OLD BLUE New Member

I Have A 1990 Suburban And I Need To Replace To Cracked Right Front Vent Glass Seal. Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get The Vent Glass Out And Replace The Seal?
  2. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 New Member

If you are refferring to the "wing" on the door you have to remove the door glass to get the entire assembly out. You could try to "cut" the adhesive from the glass and remove it that way. Never done it like that but it should work.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This would be an interesting and fun project. Has anyone done this before? I've known a lot of people with cracked vent windows that would like to have them replaced.

If you can do this, do a before and after photo please. Maybe a quick step-by-step.
  4. Holy Smoke

Holy Smoke New Member 100 Posts

I've done it twice on a 69and 70 c10. Rolling the main window down will give just enough room. Some key screws come out and slowly and patiently remove the vent assemb. email me If you don't get a newer model info for you ride. The info is out there.
  5. OLD BLUE

OLD BLUE New Member

Steve, I Just Completed The Vent Window Seal Job. Not Bad At. About 2 Hours To Complete. Removed Screws In Top And Front Edge Of Door And Removed Interior Trim Panel And One More Screw In Door. Rolled Down Main Glass And Was Able To Remove The Complte Frame And Window Assembly.removed The Nut At The Bottom Of The Pivot And Had To Grind Of The Top Pivot Which Is A Rivet.replaced The Seal And Reinstalled And Put A Small Machine Screw In The Top Where The Rivet Was Until I Get The Proper Rivet.refastened And Got The Window Back In The Main Track And Reinstalled Trim Panel. Works A-1 . Not A Bad Job Just About 2 Hours Taking My Time.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Next question: Did you do this in a heated garage or outside? You're in Nova Scotia, I see. I always found a way to put off jobs until I could find a heated garage or until it got warmer. :great:
  7. OLD BLUE

OLD BLUE New Member

steve i did this in a heated garage. actually i came in to my workplace on my saturday off and did it in the comforts of a car dealership where i work.
  8. tokmik

tokmik New Member

I've done it twice on a 69and 70 c10. Rolling the main window down will give just enough room. Some key screws come out and slowly and patiently remove the vent assemb. email me If you don't get a newer model info for you ride. The info is out there.

Replacement Auto Glass