1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Report: GM to sell Saturn brand to Penske

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 5, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

General Motors Corp. has a tentative deal to sell its Saturn brand to former race car driver and dealership group owner Roger Penske, according to two people briefed on the deal.

Penske would get dealership network; GM will initially still make cars

DETROIT - General Motors Corp. has a tentative deal to sell its Saturn brand to former race car driver and dealership group owner Roger Penske, according to two people briefed on the deal.

GM has scheduled a conference call for Friday morning to discuss the sale, and Penske will be on the call along with Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the deal has not been made public.

Penske would get Saturn’s dealership network, which consistently has scored highly in customer satisfaction surveys.

More...
  2. ChevyFan

Finally, someone who knows what the heck he's doing is going to take over and make Saturn one of the premier automotive brands in the US! :party:
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Penske is still in Indy so maybe Saturn can fast track a V8 for the Outlook and then get into that series by next year, could get some attention back for Indy
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Are you serious?

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day, I bet they will have a Penske racing edition Ion with like 300hp! That is too funny, I wonder why they would want to get into the car making business? Makes you wonder what there motive is, we shall wait and see. :shocked:
  5. ChevyFan

What is needed is a strong company and a strong personality to make it all happen. GM got saddled down with so much debt and became so complex of a company that it became unstable. Let's see what the Penske folks can do with Saturn...

how about changing the name? PMC anyone?
  6. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hopefully they can come up with something to compete with the new Hyundai Genesis. That car is unbelievable. Anybody who hasn't checked it out should check out the Hyundai website.

-Greg
  7. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

good for them. i think that the saturn sky is an awesome vehicle. saturn has such potential, they just need a corporation to make that potential a reality