Request for Technical Assistance 2001 K3500 Rear wheel bearing

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by andrewh, Mar 23, 2010.

1. andrewh

andrewh New Member

I was hoping someone has the manual for a 2001 K3500 8.1L Dually Crewcab. I ordered the Helms manual and they sent me the ones for a older body style, K3500HD. If it is a different axle I don't know for sure so I am asking. I broke off a lug stud and am in the process of replacing it. Until now I havnt needed the manuals so I hadnt opened them. Out of sight in the cardboard box Helms shipped them in I had no idea they were the wrong ones. Now I have the thing dissassembled and need the wheel bearing reassemble specs. It is a dually with the full floater and disk brakes. Anyone have this info handy? I will be able to go and ask ath the dealer tomarrow but that is not right now! lol Thanks for any help! Andrew

2. andrewh

andrewh New Member

Anybody? Boy, a manual would be a good idea huh.

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What do you need the torque specs for the wheel bearing?

4. andrewh

andrewh New Member

Yes, the reassembly specs for the rear wheel bearings. To replace rotors all of that has to come apart. I know with some applications there are different procedures for new and original bearings.