Researching Chevy Truck Engine/Tranny options Please help

Discussion in 'CA - SoCal Chevy Truck Club' started by TBIMan, Mar 29, 2009.

1. TBIMan

TBIMan New Member

Hi,
    I'm a newbie here with very little Chevy experience.
    I'm trying to find out if Chevy offered manual transmissions with the TBI 350 engine in California between the 1987-1993 years.

There must be some sort of reference material available somewhere out there but I haven't been able to locate it yet.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

I recently purchased and rebuilt a 350 out of a 1990 1/2 ton pick-up and I'm planning to put it into a mid 80s Land Cruiser.

Bryan
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The best manual transmission for your Land Cruiser would be a NV4500. This transmission has both very low gearing along with overdrive. This is a popular Land Cruiser swap and Advance Adapters has everything you will need.

Click Here
  3. TBIMan

TBIMan New Member

Thanks,
    I'd like to put the NV4500 in, but a while ago I got an H55F, so I'm going to keep it.
    My big problem is that the smog refs won't pass me if the chevy truck I took the engine out of didn't have a MT as an OPTION. So if Chevy trucks had the option if having a manual transmission I'm OK, but I need an example or a resource database to confirm the MT was at least an option.
    It seems weird that it wouldn't be, but some other folks in my Land Cruiser forum seem to think Chevy only offered ATs behind the 350 between 87 and 93.

I need some proof tat they did.
    Bryan