reset oil life and fuel filter life?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by dbflyrod, Nov 25, 2013.

1. dbflyrod

dbflyrod New Member

Is there any way to rest the oil and fuel filter life without using the DIC reset button? My reset button as well as the customization button are not working. I just serviced the truck and would like to reset these functions. thanks in advance for any help
    DB

2. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

I'm surprised that no one has an answer for you. I am not familiar with the NNBS trucks but some one on here should know something about this.

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It's the Duramax that's causing the problem. The gas engine (oil light) can be reset by pushing the gas pedal 3 times, the fuel filter reset is not something used on the gas trucks.

4. dbflyrod

dbflyrod New Member

Thanks to all that have offered their advise. I will try the mash pedal three times thing in the morning as soon as I see about 30 degrees on the outside thermo. Sorry for the late response, I've been moving about 16 inches of snow out of the way so I can make a run to town in the morning after of course trying the oil life and fuel life reset.
    Life is good as long as you don't weaken, Yeah!
    DB

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Regarding.....THE FUEL FILTER LIFE RESET.
    ....For Vehicles with Steering Wheel controls, Press and hold the select button for five seconds while the FUEL FILTER LIFE message is displayed. This message will appear on the DIC for ten seconds.
    ....For Vehicles Without Steering Wheel Controls, do the following:
    1. Without pressing the Pedals, turn the Ignition Key to the on Position without Starting the Engine.
    2. Wait five seconds.
    3. Completely Press the Brake and the Accelerator Pedals Simultaneously and hold for Ten Seconds. The System is now Reset.
    4. Turn the Ignition Key Off.
    The next time the Engine is started, the Message will no longer be displayed. Always Reset the FUEL FILTER LIFE System after a Fuel Filter Change.

Edit.....in case the above does not work, here's a Video, that may be able to help, in showing how to Reset the Oil and Fuel Filter Life, on the Duramax Engines

http://youtu.be/xdMZRlWum7Y

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  6. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

I forgot about that method. Got spoiled with steering wheel controls. And wasn't sure the new trucks were different than older GM vehicles.

7. RayVoy

Easy to get spoiled, haha

Nice find, Mike

8. dbflyrod

dbflyrod New Member

I tried the press gas pedal 3 times method for reset of the oil life. It works. I will try the fuel filter method as well. I do have the DIC buttons on the dash just right of the wheel but for some reason the 2 bottom buttons are not working.
    thanks for the help,
    DB

9. RayVoy

It's no fun when the two bottom buttons on your dic won't work :rofl::rofl:

10. dbflyrod

dbflyrod New Member

Yea, I've got another post in the electric tech section on that. Actually a customer care person is trying to lend some help on it but no real action besides helping to contact a good dealer with some experience on the subject. So far I'm getting work arounds on every thing besides reseting the fuel economy readout. Thinking about pulling the dash panel and taking a look myself.