1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Reset TPMS in Chevrolet Traverse & Equniox, GMC Acadia & Terrain, Buick Enclave

Discussion in 'Chevy Traverse Forum (GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave)' started by ChevyFan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

HOW TO RESET TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM (TPMS)

Models:
    Chevrolet Traverse, GMC Acadia, Buick Enclave
    Chevrolet Equinox, GMC Terrain
    Others? (Please Respond)

Years:
    This process may have changed during the 2011 model year, please check your owners manual and report back if you can still do this or not.

How To:
    This is what I did for my 2010 Chevrolet Traverse, which I bought used from a Mazda dealer and their techs rotated the tires but did not reset the TMPS locations. When I tried to add air to my tires I noticed that air added to the Drivers Rear was showing up on the Driver Information Center display as Drivers Front. Can't have that, so I did a little bit of research and learned how to reset the TPMS myself.

Following the instructions in my manual:

1) Put key in ignition and set to the Run position, but do not start.
    2) Hold both the lock and unlock buttons on remote at the same time until the horn chirps.
    3) You will see a message on the DIC about tire mode (or TPMS mode) being active.
    4) Starting with the Drivers Front tire, let air out of the tire until the horn chirps once. Move clockwise around the car and repeat.
    4a) TPMS Programming Pattern: Drivers Front, Passenger Front, Passenger Rear, Drivers Rear.
    5) The horn will chirp twice on the last tire.
    6) You're done. Now just air up the tires to manufacturers specs and hit the road.

I may do a video of this. Not sure why GM added this very handy feature and then took it away.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Good post [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION], from what I've read 2011- GM took this ability away from the end user. You now have to get that silly TPMS reset tool.

Another thing that POd me was that GM took away the ability to program new remotes via the DIC as well. You have to use some kind of scan tool now.

As far as WHY GM did this, it's so you have to go back to the dealer and PAY them to do this stuff.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Glad so many people have found this thread. 7k views in just 5 months.