1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

restoration kits [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by gargoyle725, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gargoyle725

gargoyle725 New Member

Here's who you need to send the info to:
    cac@chevrolet.com
    Here's the info you need to provide:
    1. Your VIN
    2. Mailing Address
    3. Day and evening phone number

It's called a "restoration kit", and it's provided free of charge. The packet that's got the useful information is thin enough that you can photocopy it at work without the boss jumping down your throat.

or you can call
    Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center at 800-222-1020. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.
    i am told there is lots of usefull info in these kits but only one per person . i am accually on the phone now ordering for my 78 burb

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

RE: restoration kits

Someone else here got one, I think.

It is just basic info on the model, not really specific to your truck.

I may be wrong, but let us know.

3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

RE: restoration kits

Yeah, don't go crazy over that thing. I got one, and it did provide good info, but it's specific to your vehicle's production year, not your exact vehicle. There's really no reason for them to require your VIN, since the packet is not VIN specific.

It is a great source of info, but probably not what you'd hope it would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.