1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Restoring 1990 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Zaroth, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Zaroth

Zaroth New Member

I'm looking for a good place to buy parts for a 90 silverado 1500. I'm more or less just going to be freshening it up, because it is actually in pretty good shape. It did however sit for 3 or 4 years, so I'm going to be replacing sparkplugs,wires,brake lines,rotors,pads,suspension, and anything rubber I can find. If anybody else has any other ideas of what should be replaced that would be great.

A little back story, this is my dads truck that he bought new back in 90. It was the truck I grew up riding around in so it holds sentimental value to me. He recently passed away so I'd like to get the truck running well again as kind of way to remember him.

I appreciate the help.
  2. Revredneck

Revredneck New Member 100 Posts

RockAuto.com is a great source for all parts. They have great quality parts at reasonable prices. The fact that it sat for 3 or 4 years shouldn't create any real problems. I would suggest that you replace the fuel filter, though. Also, take a good close look at the tires and see if they have any dry rot. You don't want to drive around on tires that my blow out and ruin all your work!
    Good Luck and God Bless