1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Restoring factory rims

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Shorty, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Shorty

Shorty New Member

I googled & tried the search function here with now luck...

I have an 83 burban witht he factory rims and I want to refinish them, does anyone have a link that might help? I will be doing it myself, but could use help with the funny little things like filling in the center caps with paint.

Thanks in advance,
    Shorty
  2. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

Do you have any pics of rims? Are they aluminum, steel, chrome?
  3. Shorty

Shorty New Member

They are the plain old steels that came with chroms rings and center caps... I got the tires off and will be sanding them down tonight getting ready for paint. I am thinking going back with the silver/gray that they came with from the factory or a glossy black.
  4. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

howed your rims come out? reason i asked that ? was if aluminum you can wet sand to look like chrome. after polishing. ive done that in past and came out looking nice.
  5. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

I suggest taking them to a powdercoating shop for the rims and just polish the rings yourself and make 'em gorgeous