1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

retrax cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by patnick, Mar 21, 2007.

1. patnick

patnick New Member

Hello,

Has anybody bought the Retrax cover for the BED??

I would do a search but I'm on dial up so it will take me forever to find what I need! and I'm heading down to a dealer in a few hours to make a commitment...

Pros/Cons???

TIA

Patrick.:neutral:
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Patrick Welcome. What ride do you have ?
  3. patnick

patnick New Member

Thanks CableGuy!

I actually posted in the wrong forums but I am looking to do something with wheels!

I just bought a 03 Crew Cab 4x4 w/ quadsteer...

I want to cover the bed as well as upgrade wheels and tires but don't know where to begin...anyone have any ideas??? Is $1094 too much for the Retrax???

TIA!

patrick.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did you have something in mind in particular?
  5. patnick

patnick New Member

Hey Steve,

Great forum by the way!

I not sure on size of the wheels...I see some with 18" and one guy said 20" possible with a 3" lift...

I don't want to do a lift since I have a hard time climbing in already with the kid....

Also don't want to affect the quad steering either....

Any good packages less than $2000 with tires???

THanks

patrick.
  6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As for the wheels Ithink about 18" would be nice. As for the cover. If this is just for play I kinda like the solid fibreglass lid type. But if you prefer the rollup, the price seems to be about right. There is a forum picture in here somewhere of members rides. I really like the painted lid type (they seem to look cleaner) Post your ride when you get a chance.