retrax cover

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by patnick, Mar 21, 2007.

1. patnick

patnick New Member

Hello,

Has anybody bought the Retrax cover for the BED??

I would do a search but I'm on dial up so it will take me forever to find what I need! and I'm heading down to a dealer in a few hours to make a commitment...

Pros/Cons???

TIA

Patrick.:neutral:

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey Patrick Welcome. What ride do you have ?

3. patnick

patnick New Member

Thanks CableGuy!

I actually posted in the wrong forums but I am looking to do something with wheels!

I just bought a 03 Crew Cab 4x4 w/ quadsteer...

I want to cover the bed as well as upgrade wheels and tires but don't know where to begin...anyone have any ideas??? Is $1094 too much for the Retrax???

TIA!

patrick.

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did you have something in mind in particular?

5. patnick

patnick New Member

Hey Steve,

Great forum by the way!

I not sure on size of the wheels...I see some with 18" and one guy said 20" possible with a 3" lift...

I don't want to do a lift since I have a hard time climbing in already with the kid....

Also don't want to affect the quad steering either....

Any good packages less than $2000 with tires???

THanks

patrick.

6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As for the wheels Ithink about 18" would be nice. As for the cover. If this is just for play I kinda like the solid fibreglass lid type. But if you prefer the rollup, the price seems to be about right. There is a forum picture in here somewhere of members rides. I really like the painted lid type (they seem to look cleaner) Post your ride when you get a chance.