1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Reverse Light replacement

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by lakechevy1, Jun 13, 2010.

1. lakechevy1

lakechevy1 New Member

Since this is the first GM truck I've owned, i need to replace a reverse light on the passenger side.. I hate to sound "stupid", but I haven't a clue how to remove the tail light assembly to get to the bulb. I have a Chevy bed liner in the truck, and all I can see when I pull it back are 2 screws on the side near the tail-gate...

I looked through the forum and (hopefully I'm overlooking it), but haven't found anywhere that it tells me how to change it - which I'm assuming you remove the entire housing to get to the bulb..

Thanks!!
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Those two screws are it... Unscrew them and your tail light should swing out like a door... There are 2 tabs that slide into the bed side opposite the screws...
  3. lakechevy1

lakechevy1 New Member

i dont see the tabs unless they are hidden behind that tail-light assembly... nothing is behind the bedliner just looked.... so i'll go to an advanced or autozone store and grab a light bulb then remove those two screws and see what i find from there - then let you know... thnx!!
  4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member

Yes, the tabs are on the back side of the tail light...
  5. lakechevy1

lakechevy1 New Member

I found them - thanks again!! :great:

Got the light replaced and see that now its almost "simple" to replace any of the bulbs in these trucks...