Reverse Light replacement

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by lakechevy1, Jun 13, 2010.

1. lakechevy1

lakechevy1 New Member

Since this is the first GM truck I've owned, i need to replace a reverse light on the passenger side.. I hate to sound "stupid", but I haven't a clue how to remove the tail light assembly to get to the bulb. I have a Chevy bed liner in the truck, and all I can see when I pull it back are 2 screws on the side near the tail-gate...

I looked through the forum and (hopefully I'm overlooking it), but haven't found anywhere that it tells me how to change it - which I'm assuming you remove the entire housing to get to the bulb..

Thanks!!

2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Those two screws are it... Unscrew them and your tail light should swing out like a door... There are 2 tabs that slide into the bed side opposite the screws...

3. lakechevy1

lakechevy1 New Member

i dont see the tabs unless they are hidden behind that tail-light assembly... nothing is behind the bedliner just looked.... so i'll go to an advanced or autozone store and grab a light bulb then remove those two screws and see what i find from there - then let you know... thnx!!

4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Yes, the tabs are on the back side of the tail light...

5. lakechevy1

lakechevy1 New Member

I found them - thanks again!! :great:

Got the light replaced and see that now its almost "simple" to replace any of the bulbs in these trucks...