Reverse Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dtzackus, Jan 9, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. dtzackus

dtzackus New Member

I noticed my reverse lights are a little dim. I would like to upgrade to a brighter light. Any recommendations???
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sylvania Silverstar is a whiter, brighter light that helps you see. Another option is aux back up light, I have one its great it lights up everything behind the truck.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Extra lights on the Back like these on a hitch or bumper will help alot...

install_Avalanche2005.jpg install_Avalanche2010.jpg
  4. zigger215

zigger215 New Member 100 Posts

Enkes man those things are awesome, we put so many of them on trucks up here. I have a kit, just haven't installed them yet.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

[​IMG] What are you waiting for??? [​IMG] Get them on!!!!
  6. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member 100 Posts

did you just run the wiring up to the reverse light feed in the tail lights??
    thanks............Brian
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I won a set a few weeks back on here. There are 2 options for wiring. There is a plug that you can just plug into your trailer wiring plug and there is a lead that goes to light set. You can see the plug if you look at Enkeiavalanche's first photo. Alternatively, you can wire hard wire them. You just need a ground, a hot wire and your reverse wire. What is really nice is that there is a toggle switch that allows you to turn them on without your truck running or without it in reverse. I can see very well behind me now. Here is a review I wrote about the lights: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...ht-Backup-Lighting-System?p=530752#post530752
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  8. zigger215

Yep, that's why you run a hot wire as well as reverse, we use a park light triggered wire instead of the hot but that is just because if you walk away from the front if the truck you might not realize you left the reverse light on, whereas if you have it park light triggered you'll see your park lights on from any angle

Lol enkes I'm back up in the oil fields for a couple months
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hmmm! That is a good idea. After I leave it on accidentally one time and kill my battery then I will change it over. I soldered all my connections, so changing over is not as easy as it would have been if I used the included wire clips.
  10. zigger215

Good that you soldered, always the preferred choice!!