Review- EGR Window Visors

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Pikey, Jun 19, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Today I received a complete set of four window visors for my 2003 Yukon XL. @EGRUSA was generous enough to include them with the fender flares that I won in the GMTC spring contest. Here is a quick review of the product, pictures to come:

The Good:

Packaging:
    I was impressed when I opened the box containing the visors. They were each individually wrapped in plastic bags, the included hardware for mounting was in a separate bag isolated from the plastic visors to prevent them from getting scratched during transport. Then all four visors were wrapped in a cardboard and put into the box. I am very picky about packing, as I used to pack things for a living, and I like to see manufactures that want me to get their product in the best possible condition.

Installation:
    The install took about 10 minutes total. The included instructions for the front windows were easy to to follow. The fronts basically slid into the channel and that was it. The rear windows were slightly more complicated. I found the included instructions to be lacking. They never mention the pushpin connectors the connect the visors to the clips or when to connect the clips to the visors. If I did not see them installed on my friends truck a few weeks ago I would have been confused or maybe even lost. It was nice that @EGRUSA included a tape that protects your paint from being rubbed by the clips and alcohol prep pads to clean the area for the tape. That being said, it only took me ten minutes to install all four.

Appearance and function:
    I really like the way these look on my truck. They fit seamlessly. I could not be happier with the fit. I jumped on the freeway with my windows down about 10 minutes after the install and the visors stayed on! They are a dark black yet you can still see thru them. They completely changed the air flow in the cabin of my truck. It will take a while to get used to. My wife thinks that there is less road noise from the tires with the windows open. The inside of the cab seems darker. It is amazing how a few inches of black can shade the inside of the truck. The inside of my truck actually seems cooler (temperature) then it was before. It has been over 95 degrees here the past few days.

The Bad:

There is a "stretch" line along the entire length of the front drivers side visor. It is a white jagged line along the first major radius coming from the part the slides into the channel. This line is causing slight visual distortion below it. Not to mention that it is annoying to see every time I look out my window. You can not feel the line with your finger, it seems to be inside. Many people may never notice the line, it is just along the bottom of the rubber trim. None of the other visors have this issue.

Summary:
    I would recommend these to a friend. I would rate the EGR in channel window visors at a 8 out of 10. They look great, install seamlessly, and seem pretty rugged. They only reason I dropped them to a 8 is because of the line on my drivers side visor, if it was the passenger side it would not bother me as much. If the line was not there I would give them a solid 10 out of 10. If I can get over the line then I see these staying on my truck for a long time. Thanks again @EGRUSA for the chance to check these out.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Pics? I'm sure that's just a manufacturing oversight, contact them is my advice.
  3. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Happy to hear yours worked out. I'm still disappointed in the color shade of mine and the distributor won't let me return them even after mentioning working with the manufacture on my color concern.

Here are some snapshots which reflect the color that appears when the sun hits them. Of course if you're at a distance it's not noticeable. I do like the design though.
    EGR_Sample of pink shaded window visors.jpg

replacements ↓
    IMG_1005.jpg

Do have to say though that EGR was awesome with their attentive customer care.

Oh and 1 set of these NIB for 07+ Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab for Sale.
  4. Pikey

[MENTION=53354]AMac[/MENTION] mine are a dark black! [MENTION=21316]stev[/MENTION]e I will get pics up soon. My truck is not clean enough to post a picture today :no:
  5. EGRUSA

EGRUSA New Member 100 Posts

Im sorry about the "strech line" you have on you visor. Our parts are coded individually so I can track the batch to see where this error occurred.
    We would never allow such a defect to leave our production floor so Its a bit shocking. Send me some pics to bena@egrusa.com and Ill get this resolved
  6. EGRUSA

Thats odd they would not take them back. Where did you buy them?
    Send me an email to bena@egrusa.com and Ill work with getting you that refund.
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice write Pikey...thanks for taking the time to do this!
  8. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Thanks Ben, I just sent the email along with an attachment of the email from the distributor telling me they cannot process my return request.
  9. Pikey

I need to amend my review and apologize to [MENTION=51367]EGRUSA[/MENTION]. Today when I was looking at the installation instructions for the rear visors I realized that there was a backside. This side had the rest of the instructions that I said were missing. After looking at them I see that they did completely and thoroughly explain the installation. I am sorry to EGRUSA for saying in my review that the instructions were not complete. I don't know how I missed the backside and feel pretty bad about not seeing it. I also would like to say the Ben [MENTION=51367]EGRUSA[/MENTION] does not mess around. He genuinely cares about the products that egr customers receive. If there is an issue, he wants to know about it so he can find out where the error occurred. (Even if it was a customer not reading the backside of instructions!) Ben also wants the customer to be happy and works quickly to resolve any issues.
  10. EGRUSA

Thanks Pikey for the clarification on the instructions. Most companies only print on one side of the sheet so I guess most people forget to check the back.
    I guess that's what we get for saving trees :sign0020:

Im always glad to help. These types of issues are not common here at EGR so if something like this comes thru. I want to make sure it gets resolved.