1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Review for Cooper Discoverer AT3's

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Jimmeh, Apr 19, 2012.

1. I've been a fan of Coopers for a while i run the STTs on my truck if you can stand te tire noise they're awesome
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I just drove home in a complete down pour about an hour ago. While I wasn't going over about 55 because of the large puddles in the road, the tires and truck handled it great!
  3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

im gonna try and keep these tires in mind when my truck needs new shoes. wont be a for a long while. those wranglers are mostly new.

Alex
  4. BoneHead

BoneHead Member

I've got a set of the Cooper Discoverer ATPs. 265/75R16 on my burban. I did some extensive research before I got these tires, and even though these are not an LT rated tire, the tire rating on these equal the light truck tires. I've got about 2000 miles on them and have been extremely impressed. Not too much off road, just a day at the beach. They performed excellent. I was getting out of places other guys were getting stuck. Sure it helped having the 4wd on and the G80 locker in the rear, but it never felt like I was losing traction. Even through the nasty soft stuff. Road noise is very minimal and street performance feel like a set of street tires. My first set of Coopers, but will definitely purchase another set. Oh, and these were less than $700.
  5. Daryl NHT

Daryl NHT New Member

Looks like I'll be getting a set of these for my truck since you guys have alot of good things to say about them.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'd like to see some photos of this if possible. Anyone?
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

yeah these tires really do wear very well! although i will tell you adding your hub rings will do absolutely NOTHING to improve tire wear, you might have an alignment issue or something else, hub rings only help you to align the wheel before tightening the lug nuts, if they were meant for more than that do you think they would be made out of plastic? lol keep up with the rotations and i have no doubt you will be cranking at least 50k out of them
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This is another one of these threads that is getting a ton of activity, please remember to click the Like / Thank button for each post that had helped you out (registered members only).
  9. mattiep11

mattiep11 New Member

Had the st's and loved them great on off road.. self cleaning, no hydro plane and worked in the snow... got 65k outta of them on a plow truck that hauled a 20' trailer every day.. cousin had at3 on the f350 and he got 45k same situation plow and trailer every day.. he had no complaints
  10. CountryXJer

CountryXJer New Member

OK guys! Any updates on the AT3's? Mileage and towing? Looking at possibly purchasing these for my 97 Yukon that pulls a 6000# travel trailer and rural daily driver. Thanks