Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Reviews for Pro Comp 130

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by sjorians1, Aug 16, 2009.

1. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

I am intrested in buying 4 black Pro Comp 130s 8 inch size. Does anyone have any reviews on these lights? Or does anyone reconmend any other lights? I want them to be around 8 inches so they dont lok too small on my new n fab light bar.
    Thanks

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had a set of Pro Comp 6" lights behind my grille, and they were a decent light although the wiring that came with them was shotty. I made up a new harness for them instead, and put a bigger relay and fuse in line with them.

The only 8" lights I ever bought were a set of KC 130 watt Titanium slim lights, they were ALL stainless steel but they were so big that they actually looked funny. I took them back and got a set of 6" PIAA 520's, and now that is all I use because of there very nice wiring harness and quality light components. In my opinion the 8" lights are more like a Baja look, so If that's what your going for then they'll be perfect!

3. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

thanks i think 8 inch ones will look better where did you buy your stuff to rig up your wiring harness for your procomp? and how much where your KC 8 inch lights?

4. TRPLXL2

Well I paid $279 for my set of KC lights but remember they were stainless steel so that is why they were so expensive. Here's a link to the one's that I have, they are a very nice looking light I think.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KCC-802/?image=large

I bought all of my wiring stuff through Summit Racing, it's under the brand name PICO. For that particular set of 2-6" Pro Comp lights I used the following:

16 gauge black and red wire
    2 in-line 30 amp fuses
    1- 30 amp relay
    1- 30 amp throw switch
    Metri Pack connectors to make everything plug n play

I think everything coast me about $ 60, but the connectors were about $20 of that so it would cost you about $40 or even less depending on how you do it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  5. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

thanks for the advice! one more qquestion how doyou run your wires from the light and battery to the switch? I have a 99 silverado and cant find a practical hole in the firewall to run it to my a dash for the switch??

6. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've got a set of pro comp 8" for sale. I really liked them I am just going a different route. I painted the covers black. One has a chip in the lense which you get from pro comp for 20.Also could use a coat of paint(not rusted out) Make me an offer. I need to clean out the garage. Message me if you like. Thanks

7. TRPLXL2

On all three of my trucks I never went through the fire wall, only because of the way that the newer one's are made. They actually have a double firewall that is welded together, I know because that used to be my job. What I do is run the wires right on top of the frame rail all the way down underneath the driver's side floor, and I pull the carpeting up and pull the drain plug in the floor pan and run my wires up through the center console into the dash. Sorry I couldn't help with that part, I have just been always to scared to cut through the firewall.:neutral:

8. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

that sounds good is the drain plug the hole with the black stopper around it right at the drivers feet?

9. TRPLXL2

On my truck it was right at the driver's feet, and the plug is about 3" in diameter. I had a large cluster of wires running under my driver's side carpeting, and you could feel the harness under your feet but you couldn't see them sticking up or anything. I had 3/8 inch wireloom too, so try and use a smaller wire loom unless you need the big stuff for a large group of wires. Here's some pictures I took when I did my install, hope this helps. Also you can notch the rubber boot out for the harness if you want, or what I did was leave it popped open and just run a bead of silicon around it to keep water out of the cab.

On the first picture that black cable running next to my wires is the emergency brake cable, it is actually thread into the floor drain plug. In the second picture that is after I sealed everything back up, see I told you can't see the wires sticking up under the carpeting.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3514&stc=1&d=1250684326
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3515&stc=1&d=1250684326

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  10. sjorians1

sjorians1 New Member

thanks for the help...did you run the wire down your frame? and how did you attach it?