1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Reviews for Rancho Add-A-Leaf Kit (part# RS60645 )?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by wmkess, Oct 2, 2013.

1. wmkess

wmkess New Member

Hey guys, I'm researching possible lift/leveling options for my truck which is a 2005 Silverado 1500 with 4x4 and Z71 package. So far I've decided I'd like to lift the front somewhere between 2" to 2 1/2" in the front with torsion keys and lift the rear about 1" or 1 1/2". I initially thought just replacing the stock 2" block with a 3" block would work but I've seen many on here discourage that. An add-a-leaf seems like a good option as long as it doesn't affect the ride and trailer sag too much. As it is, the back is not too stiff without any bed or hitch load and also is stiff enough to handle pretty heavy trailers with minimal sag.

So to the point of my post...I have found the Rancho add-a-leaf kit (part number RS60645) to appear to be what I am looking for, primarily in that is listed as delivering a near factory ride and trailing capability while offering 1 to 1 1/2" of rear lift. Most other add-a-leaf kits are quoting 2 to 2 1/2" of lift which is more than I want. I have yet to find any reviews on any online stores which sell this part. I was hoping some posters on here are familiar with it and can share their opinions.
  2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The add a leaf will stiffen it some and help with sag, but dont think its that noticeable. I would see the 1-1 1/2" with the AAL as normal. Rancho is a good company as well. I do not have any experience with their AAL (I have one but its procomp and was with the lift)
  3. wmkess

wmkess New Member

Appreciate the response.
  4. wmkess

wmkess New Member

Thought I'd bump this post as I am adding this add-a-leaf to my "official" Christmas list lol.
  5. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My 4" kit came with block and AAL and I now have just over 60k miles on the kit and they are holding up great. I did notice an decrease in payload sag which was a nice plus. Dont think you can go wrong with Rancho.
  6. cmcolfax

cmcolfax New Member

DAMMIT!

Typed whole reply & related question and somehow deleted it when I went to post it...

Anyway...

Looking at almost the same setup for my 96 K1500 Burb.

Plan is Full-Length Rancho A-A-L rear and F150 keys front.

Truck actually sits a little arse low now (all stock, all OE except for shocks).

Don't mind stiffening the rear ride a bit (it's a gawdamn TRUCK) and it will see some light towing duty (think 3500# pop-up camper).

Concern is I don't want to end up "nose high" if the F150 keys give me more than the AAL.

Thoughts?

-cmc-
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

How much lift are the F150 keys. Measure the height difference front and rear now, then depending on what the keys lift, expect about 1 inch from the AAL