Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ride comfort ~ Chevy Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by blackburb, Mar 19, 2013.

1. blackburb

blackburb Rockstar 100 Posts

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm thinking about upgrading from my '94 to a '00-'03. The main reason is ride comfort. I found a nice 3/4 ton that would be great at pulling my camper, but I'm concerned I'd be giving up the improved comfort I'm looking for. How do the 1/2 & 3/4 in those years compare? (it's not local so I can't just go try it)
  2. blackburb

Anybody? Opinions on how the '00-'03 2500 4x4 rides?
  3. Bighornkid

Bighornkid Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Hi. I have a 3/4 ton Yukon XL. I think that it is just as comfortable as a 1/2 ton on the highway. You will notice a difference on bumpy roads. My back prefers the firm ride of a 3/4 ton. You would really need to try it out. Previous owner might have changed shocks, etc.
  4. blackburb

Yeah, it's the off-road ride I'm concerned with. Truck is over 3 hours from me. Hate to drive that far just to see how it rides.

My back isn't bothered much by up and down bumps like on my cycle or snowmobile. It's getting tossed side to side that kills me. I've got a 6 mile ride from the highway to our hunting cabin and the road is sh*t and gets worse every year. Rocks, ruts all the way. We're building a new cabin so I'm making the trip almost every week from the middle of May until the end of Nov. So I'd really like something softer than my '94 1/2 ton.