1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ride Height Adjustment

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by PowerMax, Oct 20, 2007.

1. PowerMax

PowerMax New Member

Hey guys, new here. I own a '99 Sierra (see attached) and was easily able to adjust the front ride height when I installed my 285-75-16 BFG's with the torsion bar suspension. My buddy just bought an '07 Silverado and wanted me to raise his front end a bit to level the truck out. I crawled under and low and behold, no torsion bar suspension. When did they change back to coil spring front suspension and why? What can I do to raise the front end on his truck? Coil spring spacers? Just wondering what my best course of action is to help him out. Thanks. very cool site, BTW. :great:

Jeff

[​IMG]
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The other big change is the move to rack and pinion steering which adds complexity to a lift. See a great video covering lifting the 07's at: superlift.com
    Check out the superlift site. It looks like you can get a 1.25" front lift kit pretty cheaply, but the higher you go the bigger the hit on your wallet.
  3. PowerMax

PowerMax New Member

Thanks for the link to the superlift site. Very nice stuff. I think all he really wanted to do was level the truck - sits with a good bit of rake from the factory. My torsion bar front suspension was a cinch to raise slightly - took me a total of 2 minutes. I think his truck will sit the way it is ... I don't have time to put a lift kit in for him. :lol:

Jeff
  4. 1slols1

1slols1 Rockstar

if all he wants to do is level the truck out there is another solution. the 07 sit high as **** anyway so i would just get the 2 inch drop shackle for the back, takes about 30 min to install i got mine for my 04 for 40 bucks. it will just bring the back down and make the truck sit level, like i said the 07 sit really high anyway it should do the trick he wants until he can spring for a nice lift kit, then he can always sell the shackles to someone else.
  5. nakedicarus

nakedicarus New Member

I leveled my truck with the Rough Country Leveling Kit; it lifted the front of my truck about 2 inches, and now it sits perfectly leveled (and looks WAY better than stock!)

The cost of the kit was about 70 bucks, and it was fairly easy to install (about 2 hours).

Here's a pic of it before:

[​IMG]

...and after:

[​IMG]
  6. PowerMax

PowerMax New Member

Your truck looks great! I definitely like it better sitting level. Is this the kit you purchased? rough country Is that your truck in the ad? :great:

Jeff
  7. nakedicarus

nakedicarus New Member

Thanks Jeff,

Yep, that's the kit I bought. And no, that's not my truck...
    (I don't like the way that one looks with the wind deflectors) :no:
  8. PowerMax

PowerMax New Member

Ordered the kit form Rough Country for my friend and I'll have here Monday. He checked at a local light truck parts supply house and they wanted $179 for the Rough Country kit ... what? $70 direct from them. He's a computer illiterate and not much of a mechanic, either - So, I ordered it online for him and I'll be installing it for him, too. LOL If I remember, I'll snap some before and after pictures of his '07. Thanks for the info and I think it's exactly what he wanted.

Jeff