1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ride Quality: GMT400 Suburban K1500 vs K2500

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by audihenry, Jan 19, 2012.

1. audihenry

audihenry New Member

Hey guys,

I've heard that the K2500 rides much harder than the K1500, but by how much? My 1500 is pretty comfortable around town and on the highway. How much worse would be a K2500 of the same vintage?

Thanks!
  2. audihenry

audihenry New Member

Anyone? Bueller?
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

I haven't had a half-ton anything in many years, but my K2500 rides great! It's not a Caddy, but it's no lumber wagon, either.

I can only explain it by my uncle's reaction, whom I assume you don't know, but has driven a million vehicles; "...so I'm doin' 75, darn near sideways, when I realize I'm grinning. Then I remember that I'm in a 7000lb truck - so I nailed it and said bye-bye to that dufas".

I don't suggest anyone attempt this, but he comments on how well it rides, and walks away from under you.

Bottom line; what do want to use it for? If you're hauling stuff, the 2500 handles a load better (spend the money on LT tires!) If you found a heck of a deal on a Burb - but it's a 3/4 ton and I just don't know - buy it anyway. BETTER TO HAVE AND NOT NEED, THAN NEED AND NOT HAVE.

Good luck,
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

If you were talking 1973 to 1991 Suburbans then I'd have to say yes there is a huge difference in ride quality.
    From 1992 on the ride quality got a lot better and only improved every year, 3/4 tons were expected to haul that much but handle and ride like the family sedan they have become. On later model trucks you really have to look at the fender tags to assure yourself "yes I am in a 1 ton or 3/4 ton truck" they ride better than most vehicles now a days.
  5. audihenry

audihenry New Member

Thanks guys! I really like my 1/2 ton but I'm itching for a mid 90s 3/4 ton to build up as an overland vehicle. :happy: